Monday, September 14, 2009

Jacob's first day of preschool!!!!

Jacob started preschool this week! I can't believe my little baby is in school! He has been so excited and really wanted to ride the bus to school. Didn't make sense to him that he was going to school, but not riding the bus. LOL! Anyway, I am so excited for him and am so looking forward to a great year. His teacher, Miss Kim is great. I actually had her daughter in class when she was in 4th grade, funny huh? I tried to document the day. Well, my photography stinks in a lot of these. I stink in full sun and the light was changing so much.. yes, not my best photography, but it was so fun to capture this very special day, so I don't care on bit! :)




Jacob getting ready for his big day! :)


right before getting into the car


So... excited to go to preschool.. just check out that smile!







I had FULL sun, which is really hard to photograph in, so I decided to play with the sunflare... I think it turned out kind of cool. Couldn't tell if I liked black and white or color better.



We stood outside looking in for a few minutes. He just wasn't quite sure what to think.





Elmo backpack hung-up... ready to meet the teacher and classmates.



All the students put their apple on an apple tree that had all their names on them.


He sees his teacher... I can tell by his face, he just isn't quite sure, but he ended up having a fabulous first day! He can't wait to go back next week!


This was the first preschool paper he brought home! :)

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I think these are fabulous Melissa, your attention to detail is there, along with telling the story of the first day of school. You can't get those moments back and I know you said you would have liked to have done them diffently but I think you did a great job with this. I enjoyed seeing everything from brushing his teeth to getting in the car and also the way you included his teacher in the images. Good job, love the focus and conversions. Give yourself an A+ in my opinion.

awholelattelove said...

What are you talking about? These are all wonderful. Perfect memories and capture his day wonderfully!!

Michelle Gallite said...

You make me want to take up photography! I love the picture of Jacob brushing his teeth. I wish I had thought to preserve all of those precious moments when Lauren started preschool.