Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Begins....

I can't believe it, another school year is here. Boy oh boy, can't my family and I play all year round and not have to work? It has been such a fabulous summer. It is so nice to have 3+ months of family togetherness. All I can say is I am so incredibly thankful I only work half days. I really don't know how I could do it otherwise. Not only would it kill me to be away from my kids all day long, but to have to also come home and do all the mommy stuff like cleaning, cooking, and playing, plus find a moment of "me" time... I would surely go insane. I have a hard enough time keeping up with things as is. Thank you Mason for being such a wonderful place to work!!! And I do have to say, I am very thankful I love the job I do. I am 100% positive God has placed me on this earth to make a difference in the lives of children, both my own and my students.

Anyway, now to my kiddos... we have been doing great! Jacob has had a big couple of weeks. It is no secret that Jacob is a very loving kid and momma's boy for sure, but also turning into a daddy's boy lately. He loves his cuddle time with mom and dad and of course we love it as well! However, mom and dad were getting little sleep between Bella waking up and Jacob coming into our bed, so.... we started a chart! Everynight jacob slept in his own room without us having to take him back to his room he would get 2 stickers on his chart, everynight we had to help him back to his room he would get one sticker. Each sticker also meant a starburst. He is doing GREAT! and wakes up in the morning saying "Mommy, Mommy, I get a starburst" He is soo.... proud of himself. He will also say "Mommy is so proud!". What a cutie! Now all i need to do is get Bella to sleep all night and we would be set! ;) Wonder if a chart would work for her ;) LOL! I thought I had a picture of his sleeping chart, but i don't, I will add later.

We also started another chart for Jacob... that he also gets stickers for. Every morning, if he gets dressed himself, he gets a sticker, if he brushes his teeth, he gets a sticker... same at night. Every 4 stickers he gets a quarter.. he is pumped about his money!!!!



Bella is doing great... she is teething like crazy! She is constantly sqirming and always talking. I have a feeling she is going to be an early talker. She is doing great with Jen... of course she misses mommmy when she is hungry (she doesn't like the bottle), but at least I am only gone for about 4 1/2 hours, so she typically just waits for me.

I have been working sooo.. hard to get back into shape! I have been getting up every morning at 5 to run before school. That way I don't have to find time during the day. I really like getting up and running.. it is hard to get up but once I am up I am glad I did it. I am hoping by the time it is winter I will be in all my clothes again..... getting back into shape is the pits! But Bella sure is worth it. Ok, well, it is 9:30 and time for bed... I will leave you with a few recent pics.




No comments: