Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jacob's 3 1/2....

ok.. so a bit older than 3 1/2, but better late than never, right! I thought I would do so in a letter to him.. because I always want him to know how incredibly proud I am of him... beyond proud I should say.

My Dearest Jacob,
How to even start.. first off, I want you to know you make me so proud. Everything you do I love and adore and I thank God for you everyday of my life because without you and your sister (and dad of course), life just wouldn't be complete. It amazes me how fast these days of your toddler life are going by. It seems like just yesterday I was watching you take your first steps and teaching you how to put your shoes on.. now you are helping mother your little sister, Bella. 3 1/2 years old has proven to be full of laughs and many many smiles. You have developed quite the personality and are quite funny. Your facial expressions, the way you copy your mom and dad.. just to be funny, and the way you are quite sneaky and pretty good and figuring out how to get what you want. However, even as you grow and develop your own little personality you continue to be the sweet, sensitive little boy you have always been. You love your "cuddle time" with mom and will often ask for it. At night you always cuddle with your stuffed animals. You love to help mom and and dad whenever you can. Especially helping dad clean out mommy's messy car. You even helped dad this past week paint the dinning room.. oh man, were you in heaven! You are very particular about how things should be and if they aren't a certain way sometimes you get a little upset.. for instance.. you hate when you cracker is broken and won't eat it. You won't let us cut your sandwich unless you tell us to. When you color, which you are really great at.. you get a bit frustrated if you color out of the lines. You are doing tumbelbees right now and you just LOVE it! Your favorite part is jumping on the trampoline (who wouldn't blame you). Although you love Bella.. it is a bit hard at times to remember that you need to share with your sister, but most of the time you are the sweetest big brother around. I know you are going to hate this one day.. but you LOVE her babydoll and will often fight over it with her. But that is ok, because she often wants your cars. I always tell you that one day you will make a great daddy one day a LONG LONG LONG time from now (wink wink). You LOVE doing puzzles right now. You can do them all by yourself and you are so proud. I often catch you doing puzzles in your room when you are suppose to be sleeping. ;) Jacob.. I could go on and on, but really what it comes down to is I am so proud of you.. you are such a great kid and we love you very much. I can't wait to see what the rest of 3's bring for you!

I love you!
Mom :)

I am going to end this with an interview with Jacob..

What is your favorite color- Red
What is your favorite food- Cheeseburgers
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Play down in the basement and play with my cool trucks
what is your favorite thing to do with daddy? Play with trucks
What is your favorite thing to do with Bella? Share her stroller ;)
Who is your favorite friend? Isabella
What do you like to do with Isabella? Play with chalk
What are you excited about? Mommy and Daddy are home
What do you want to do today? Play with Isabella?
What is your favorite TV show? Mac and Ruby
What is your favorite Toy? Trains
Anything else you want to tell me? I like to play with Bella
What is your favorite things about being a big brother? Hugs... and hugs to daddy... hugs to mommy






No comments: